Stain removal tips, DIY stain removers, home remedy stain remover…we have all been in a situation where we have needed some form of stain remover. Anything from carpet stain removers, wine stain removers, paint removal and even pet stain removers and sadly there are very few products on the market that actually really work!
The sad things is, we have all resorted to curry powders and mixes of bicarbonate of soda and who knows what other concoctions we have either heard from a friend or read online.
Effective stain removal is partially science and partially art. Removing a stain will depend on several different factors such as
- What type of material has been stained
- What it is stained with
- How long has the stain been there
The best stain removal tip is ACT FAST
Other stain removal tips:
- Hot water is better for cleaning than cold water, except when it comes to stains that contain protein such as blood, egg and milk that will require a cold water wash.
- Placing a dish cloth behind the stain on the garment could prevent the mess from leaking through and causing more damage.
- Do not rub a stain too hard when pre-treating as this could lead to spreading the stain or damaging the garment.
Even with many stain removers on the market that do not work, you can be sure that there are plenty of stain removal products out there that will work wonders on any stain.